What we do.
The MRG Metzger Real Estate Group focuses on a holistic approach to supporting clients.
Valuation of real estate objects in accordance with internationally recognized valuation methods Customer consultancy on a variety matters, from investment decisions and optimization to the creation of utilization concepts and from operating costs Verification to tender procedures and the divestiture of property
Markets are volatile and subject to constant fluctuations. We address this fact with market and feasibility studies as well as risk & rating procedures. Thus, we can provide our clients with exact figures and measurement results regarding future opportunities and risk assessment. This provides support for the long-term strategic planning of real estate investments as well as for an entry into new markets.
Private and public decision-makers need sound and accurate answers to their questions concerning opportunities and risks, as well as concerning the significance of planned real estate activities. As internationally operating experts, a professional and independent assessment of property and the creation of the appropriate surveyors’ reports is part of our core business.
For our team of experts, the focus on the wishes and the corporate philosophy of the client is as much a matter of course as cross-sector thinking and efficient action. By reducing our activities to the core areas of consulting and assessment, we are completely independent and thus able to exclude any chance of conflicts of interest with our consumers.
Purpose of Valuations
- Purchase pricing
- Insolvency proceedings
- Submission to the Inland Revenue
- Inheritance and succession planning
- Inheritance and family disputes
- Business valuations and planning
- Assistance with bank financing
- Land transactions in buying and selling
- Statement of assets (inheritance, divorce, gifts)
- Tax purposes
- Foreclosures and
Our Services and Products
- Appraisals according to international, European and national assessment standards
- Initial survey and follow-up evaluations
- Due diligence
- Fair value accountants’ opinion of financial statements
- Experts’ opinion
- Appraisal report for conversion of tenancies into freehold units
- Useful life advice for tax optimization
- Valuation of real estate funds and public limited companies
- Reviews of planned and existing objects on the occasion of a purchase or sale
In the real estate business, proper and expert consulting services, tailored to the needs of the customers, are ever more the order of the day. Alongside the assessment of real estate, consulting services are among our key competencies. Our professional team of experts makes use of practises developed by us and those built on international experience. To create customized opportunity and risk analyses, knowledge of customer-specific requirements is needed. With our internationally recognized expertise, we also support clients during the preparation and execution of transactions.
Purpose of Consultancy
- Alternative location and / or relocation
- Structural surveys
- Operating cost verification
- Client representation
- Investment decisions
- Property and land utilisation concepts
Our Services and Products
- Portfolio analysis and the development of portfolio strategies
- Drafting of feasibility studies
- Opportunity analyses and risk assessments
- Development of project studies
- Opinions concerning floor plan and layout
- Site surveys
- Site search (choice of alternative sites)
- Coaching of governmental/economic representatives and decision-makers in aspects of real estate management and development
- Opinions on real estate-related topics
“Risk Rating” can be understood as the level of risk of an investment or asset. The aim of the rating process is to create an explicit opportunity and risk profile for an individual object or real estate bond, as well as complete portfolios, in an efficient manner, having taken the relevant markets into consideration.
The result is a detailed report, in which risks, strengths, weaknesses and potential for development are addressed. Classification and grading are achieved by means of a rating scale. This creates the possibility of a simple comparison. The conclusion of the rating is more accurate, the finer the differentiation of the individual grades.
The rating result is intended to create maximum transparency and clarity regarding the risk taken. For the investor, who in most cases is risk-averse, the rating result will help decide whether or not to make a particular investment with its ascertained risk and the corresponding interest rates.
The rating itself is done using qualitative and quantitative factors. The selection, assessment and their weighting is carried out by trained real estate experts. The factors can be subdivided into the following groups: object criteria, location, market and quality of cash flows. The assessment of these factors is based on complex combinations; however, the presentation of the results is easy to understand and grasp at a glance.
Areas of Application
- Rating of individual properties
- Supervision and rating of a portfolio
- Assistance with investment decisions
- Rating of real estate bonds, funds and loans
- Corporate rating in the real estate industry
- Internal Ratings Advanced Approach in accordance with Basel II and Basel III
Investors need diverse and objective information as a rational basis for decision-making. Therefore, it is the aim of our company to satisfy the growing needs of our clients for comprehensive and substantiated background information and to provide them with a solid foundation for investment decisions.
Our experts in the field of international research regularly compile and update "MRG Research" market reports. These provide an initial overview of the economic situation, the infrastructure and the prospects of various commercial locations with a focus on the real estate industry.
Cause for Feasibility Studies
- Expansion into new markets
- Company relocation
- Investment in new markets
- Our Services and Products
- Opportunity and/or risk analysis
- Feasibility, market and project studies
- Location analyses
- Analysis and consultancy in decision-making process
A tender process is a structured and objectified bidding and divestiture procedure. By creating a competitive situation within a group of bidders, purchase price optimisation is achieved. This method is suitable for the private and commercial sector and also particularly suitable for the contracting authorities.
The MRG Metzger Real Estate Group creates calculations of the market value of a property to determine the best, mid and worst case scenarios of a sale price in line with national and international tender processes. Based on these calculations, a minimum offer price is set which form the basis for the sale. The property or company will not be divested for less than this price.
Firstly, a long list of potentially interested parties is created. In further steps, the circle of bidders is reduced to a short list based on the offer price. Purchase price optimisation ensues with the addition of further measures during the initial phase of the negotiations with the highest bidders, and finally the transaction is realised.
Our Services and Products
- Calculation of the market value of the property (best, good, worst scenario)
- Minimum offer price
- Preparation of information memoranda
- Management of the bidding process
- Negotiation with the individual bidders